Occupy Pie

Photo Credit: Tom Haddon

On the Flying Dutchman Ship, there was a guy with his beard of tentacles called, Davey Jones. This pie dough crust shaped like an octopus reminds me of the movie, Pirates of the Caribbean.


This Friday is Pirate's Day. I was remembering awhile back with my post in 2011, International-talk-like-pirate-day. There was so much traffic to my site and the only thing I could figure out was that pirate books, puzzles, costumes and songs must be very popular on the west coast! How is it where you are? Do you have any special events going on or perhaps over the weekend for the special event?

 Peek-a-Boo Heroes: Pirate
Peek-a-Boo Heroes: Pirate
Buy From Art.com

Well, this year I wanted to do something a little bit different. For Blue Monday, my daughter visited an aquarium in Maine and snatched this awesome photo of a seahorse. I love the glare and distortion in this shot and yet the seahorse remains the focal point. I LOVE to watch a seahorse glide through the water, similar to the way of a hummingbird... so graceful.


aquarium seahorse


pie dough photo edit



I chose this photo edit with a fire overlay and radiance for Mandarin Orange Monday.


I admit this octopus-looking pie is pretty creepy and you'll probably be running into all kinds of Halloween costumes with similar effects and maybe even Davey Jones but in a way the details provide such great artwork, don't you think?

I'm not really fond of these kind of things, a bit squeamish and on the sensitive side but having 4 grandsons has thrusted me into the boys world and oh, how these guys love to run around with an eyepatch and a rubber sword!

Davey Jones


If you get a chance, stop by my Pirate Pinterest Board and enjoy this video of slides I made in 2010!



Books I Recommend:

Pirate Boy
Pirate Pete
How I Became a Pirate



Arghh!






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”